Beyond Healthcare: The Role of Social Determinants in Promoting Health and Health Equity
- Describe the population health paradigm and contrast with the established healthcare delivery model.
- Describe how key community, social and behavioral determinants of health influence individual and community health outcomes.
- Identify specific medical practice changes that address and incorporate population health principles to improve patient outcomes.
- Identify best practices linking clinic to community
- Integrate social determinants screening into care systems.
Recommended CitationBrawer, MPH, PhD, Rickie and Plumb, MD, MPH, James, "Beyond Healthcare: The Role of Social Determinants in Promoting Health and Health Equity" (2017). Department of Family & Community Medicine Lectures, Presentations, Workshops. Paper 216.